TrepCon is an annual conference that celebrates that approach.
Each November, Fordham students welcome nationally recognized entrepreneurs to the Rose Hill campus for a series of workshops, panel discussions, networking receptions and lectures.
The event is free for students from Fordham and all other universities, thanks to generous sponsors such as the Big Four’s Deloitte. And it is completely student-driven: Members of the Entrepreneurship Society develop ideas for the conference, make connections with presenters and run the on-site logistics. Reduced admission is available for Fordham alumni at a rate of 75 percent off the general-public ticket price.
TrepCon speakers recently have included:
- John Caplan, founder and CEO, OpenSky
- Justin Mitchell, co-founder, Pave
- Norm Brodsky, serial entrepreneur and senior contributing editor at Inc. magazine
- Skip Braun, partner, Deloitte Growth Enterprise Services
- Jed Cohen, co-founder and CEO, RocketHub
- Scott Gerber, founder, Young Entrepreneurs Council
- Evan Kelsay, enterprise relationship manager, LinkedIn
- Stephen Shallo of the New York City government’s New Business Acceleration Team
These buttons are your gateways to TrepCons past: