The Opportunity Lab’s powerful resource-mapping process literally maps out your ecosystem: people, organizations, markets, capital, knowledge and communication in ways you couldn’t possibly see otherwise. When you see all of your resources in one place, opportunities jump out at you!
In this interactive program, you will take inventory of your resources to identify where you are rich in resources and where you lack. You will see how your resources interconnect, yielding synergies you hadn’t realized were there. You also will discover the powerful ecosystem of resources in the Fordham University business community and learn how to leverage them.
We start by asking questions different from the ones you’re used to asking and by reframing your perception of resources. Then, with your team, you will brainstorm lists of your resources and sort them by category. Through this process, you will learn how to maximize your assets to help you find the job you want, nurture your career or start your own business.
Here is an outline of how this session will run:
- A story of a student who saw beyond herself
- What you will learn today
- What you can do with what you learnTHE NEW WORLD OF BUSINESS
- Fast, global and disruptive
- Adapt or be left behind!
- Abundance or scarcity: Which will you choose?
- What your parents and teachers can’t tell youTHE RESOURCE ECOSYSTEM
- Four Principles of the Open World
- Three degrees of separation
- Interdependence: New ways of being in the worldYOUR RESOURCE ECOSYSTEM IN A MAP
- The origins of the RESOURCE MAP
- How your RESOURCE MAP will change your life
- How to build your RESOURCE MAPRESOURCE MAP EXERCISE
- Break into groups of five and receive instructions
- Complete exercise
- Small-group debriefing
- Large-group debriefing
- The Fordham business community mapWHAT’S NEXT
- The future is now
- Change behavior one day at a time
- Expand your RESOURCE MAP everyday
- Thank you and what might be next